The Destruction in Kagoshima show is the sIbushiecond night of three Destruction shows. The first show was in Beppu, and the third show will come on September 22nd from Kobe. The main event for this show is Kota Ibushi putting his IWGP Title shot at Wrestle Kingdom on the line against KENTA.
The show opens with a video package for the show.
altprowrestling has been in commission since May of 2018 and continues to grow. By donating just £1 you are aiding the progression of this site, future upgrades and updates, and for that, I am eternally grateful.
Clark Conners vs Yuya Uemura
- This opening match is a Young Lions cup match, with Uemura statistically eliminated but looking to play spoiler for Conners. They grapple for the first few minutes as they come out reasonably even. Conners back Uemura up into the corner and chops him hard to fire up the Japanese Young Lion. Conners seems to get an upper hand, then they start chopping each other. Uemura beats down Conners with forearms and Conners come back with a huge dropkick as Uemura comes off the ropes. Conners gets Uemura in a crab but Uemura gets to the ropes. They slap and chop each other as Uemura fires up and hits a big belly-to-belly suplex and Uemura gets Conners in a crab for the submission victory. Winner: Yuya Uemura in 9:32.
Michael Richards vs Ren Narita
- Richards is the only wrestler in the Young Lions Cup from Fale’s Dojo. Richards targets the arm while Narita targets the leg of Richards as they grapple for control. They begin to fight over headlocks as Narita takes Richards down. The moves may be simple for the Young Lions but they always tell a good physical story. Richards fights out of the headlocks and suplexs Narita. Richards goes for a crab but Narita gets one foot out so Richards can only get a single leg crab. Narita gets to the ropes. Richards gets a nearfall wth a desperation clothesline. Michael Richards showing a little blood in the mouth. Narita hits a bridging belly-to-belly suplex out of nowhere to win. Another good Young Lions cup match. Winner: Ren Narita in 7:19.
Alex Coughlin, Karl Fredericks, Toa Henare & Manabu Nakanishi vs Yota Tsuji, Shota Umino, Ryusuke Taguchi & Yuji Nagata
- Alex Coughlin and Yota Tsuji kick off the match and Tsuji runs at Coughlin as this starts fast. Kevin Kelly says “Tsuji starting like he’s got a cab waiting.” Fredericks and Shota tag in and they go at each other hard. Nakanishi tags in but tags out after taking Shota down. They begin to get heat on Shota. Shota hits a dropkick and crawls to tag Taguchi. Ryusuke Taguchi takes out everyone with hip-attacks. Nagata tags in against Nakanishi and they hit each other over and over. Nagata hits an Exploder suplex on Nakanishi then his armbar but it’s broken up. Henare and Tsuji tag in and beat the hell out of each other. Henare hits a spear but the pin is broken up, then Toa hits his Toa-bottom for the win. Winners: Toa Henare, Fredericks, Coughlin and Manabu Nakanishi in 9:45.
SHO, YOH, YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii vs Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Chase Owens & Bad Luck Fale
- Ishii starts the match off with a jump start on Bullet Club for a change. Within a minute, everyone is fighting everywhere. Back in the ring, Chase is taking it to SHO and with quick tags, BC start to get heat on SHO. SHO hits a dropkick and crawls to make the tag to YOSHI-HASHI. Ishii has to come in to help YOSHI-HASHI. Ishii an YOSHI-HASHI take out Tama and Tanga Loa, then SHO and YOH attack Fale. G.O.D go for the Magic Killer but YOH rolls up Tama and pins him to win. It’s pushed Roppongi 3K have defeated Gorillas of Destiny, so that’s gG King somewhere. G.O.D beat down Roppongi 3K after. Winner: Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI and Roppongi 3K in 6:51.
Minoru Suzuki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Zack Sabre Jr & DOUKI vs Jyushin Thunder Liger, Tomoaki Honma, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe
- Suzuki-gun attacks as the announcements are made. Liger and Suzuki fight at ringside while Honma and Kanemaru begin the match. Honma hits Kokeshi and tags Tanahashi. Zack tags in as he faces off with Tanahashi one night after beating him for the British Heavyweight Championship. This is absolute chaos as fights are happening everywhere, all the time. Liger and Suzuki only have eyes for each other and no-one knows who’s legal as Suzuki just walks off to beat up Liger. Suzuki-gun get the heat on Tanahashi for a few minutes until ZSJ tags in and Tanahashi hits a Dragon screw and tags out. Makabe has Suzuki down and tags Liger. They chop each other and Suzuki looks more angry and evil than ever. All the good guys beat up DOUKI and Liger hits a palm strike to floor DOUKI. Suzuki gets a chair, beats up th ref, beats up Liger and the ref calls fr the DQ. After the match, Suzuki unmaskes Jyushin Liger and takes the mask. Liger gets the microphone and cuts a promo about how this is his last match in Kagoshima and Suzuki has humiliated him. Liger vows to get his own back on Suzuki thn he leaves. Winner: Liger, Honma, Tanahashi and Makabe in 10:04.
BUSHI, SANADA & Shingo Takagi vs Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & Rocky Romero
- Goto and Shingo starts this match by running at each other with tackles. They hit into each other hard for about a minute, then Rocky tags in. BUSHI tags in and starts to choke Rocky with his t-shirt. SANADA tags in and puts Rocky Romero in the Paradise lock. With a few tags, LIJ begin to get heat on Rocky until Rocky hits a rana, followed by an enziguri and tags Okada. Okada takes everyone out and gets a two count on SANADA after a Flapjack. BUSHI and SANADA take it to Okada but the champ doesn’t stay down. Okada hits SANADA with the tombstone and sends him to ringside as he hits the Rainmaker on BUSHI and wins while starring at SANADA. Okada pins BUSHI. Winners: Kazuchika Okada, Rocky Romero an Hirooki Goto in 10:09.
“Switchblade” Jay White & Yujiro Takahashi vs EVIL & Naito
- Bullet Club get the jump start as LIJ go for fist bumps. This takes awhile to get started but when it does, they are working fast. It doesn’t take long for Yujiro to jump EVIL who wasn’t legal, then Jay pulls Naito down on the apron by his hair. Naito is thrown into the barriers, then is taken into th crowd. Jay takes Naito one way and Yujiro takes EVIL the other. Jay gets a nineteen count on Naito and BC start to get the heat. Naito hits a neckbreaker and tags out. EVIL and Yujiro go at it. Takahashi gets a few nearfalls on EVIL but you knew he couldn’t win. Eventually EVIL hits Everything is EVIL to win. Afterwards Naito teased Jay White so Switchblade low-blowed Naito and left. Winners: EVIL and Naito in 11:50.
Will Ospreay & Robbie Eagles vs El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori
- Ospreay and Ishimori kick off this IWGP Jr Tag Championship match but not for long. ELP tags in and they double team Ospreay. Ospreay and Eagles fights back and hits stereo dives. Eagles tags in and Bullet Club use double team moves and quick tags to wear down Eagles. Bullet Club start to get some heat on Eagles. Eagles makes a comeback and hits an elbow to the back of ELP’s head. Ospreay tags in and hits a top rope 619 on ELP. A series of counter betwee Ospreay and ELP. ELP hits a rana and tags out. Ishimori hits a German suplex off the second rope. Ospreay gets a nearfall on Ishimori as Eagles dives on ELP in a really cool, fast paced sequence. Eagles lands an insane rana on Ishimori, off the shoulders of ELP. Eagles and Ospreay hit two dives on ELP and Ishimori. Ospreay and Eagles hit a sliced bread/powerbomb move on Ishimori but ELP breaks up the pin. Ospreay and Eagles target the knee of Ishimori with a double stomp and a dropkick. Eagles ties up Ishimori in the Ron Miller Special leg lock but ELP breaks it up. Robbie and ELP are legal and Eagles stomps down ELP in the corner. ELP lands a moonsault from the top rope, onto Ospreay who was in the crowd. ELP flew very far and lands in the lap of a fan with an eye patch. Red Shoes checks on ELP and Ishimori hits Eagles with a belt. Eagles kicks out. Os-Cutter is reversed and an assisted Bloody Cross on Ospreay. Then both Ishimori and ELP hit finishers on Eagles and pin him. That was a great tag match but unfortunately, Ishimori and ELP retain. Winner: El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori in 23:10.
Kota Ibushi vs KENTA
- Before the match, KENTA attacked Kota Ibushi, laid him out and hit Kota with his own briefcase. KENTA took the contract out of the briefcase and stomped on it, breaking the case. KENTA throws the case out of the ring and tried to cover Ibushi but the match hadn’t started yet. As Red Shoes checks on Ibushi, KENTA wants to start the match but Red Shoes says no. A member of the medical team come to the ring to check on Ibushi and he says he’s fine. Red Shoes starts the match and KENTA dropkicks Ibushi and pins him but Kota kicks out. KENTA takes it to ringside and throws Ibushi at the barriers. The fans are not happy with KENTA and one woman shouts at KENTA at ringside. KENTA beats up Kota in the audience, Kota gets in at seventeen. KENTA wears down Kota more in the ring. Ibushi starts to fire up and fight back for the first time about 7 minutes in. With a bit of back and forth, they both kick each other in the head for a double down. Kota goes for a golden cross moonsault but KENTA knock the legs out from under Kota. KENTA attacks the knee of Kota at ringside. KENTA throws Kota onto the English commentary table, almost destroying everything. Back in the ring KENTA kicks the leg out from Kota as Ibushi holds on to the ropes. KENTA holds Kota Ibushi in a knee bar but Kota escapes. Kota fights back here and there but keeps getting cut off. Kota hits a dropkick in the corner but KENTA holds on and applies the knee bar again. Kota fires up and hits a powerbomb for a nearfall. G.O.D cometo the ring and that’s fine apparently. They pull the ref out of the ring during a pin and no-one gets disqualified. G.O.D hit magic killer on Ibushi and goes for a super-powerbomb on Ibushi but Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI run down to help Ibushi. Eventually Kota hits a Kamigoye and pins KENTA but KENTA kicks out. Kota Ibushi hits a second Kamigoye and wins. Good match but I’m not a fan of all the interference. After the match, EVIL makes his way to the ring and reveals his intention to defeat Kota, take his contract and go on to Wrestle Kingdom. Kota tells the fans he wants to win both IWGP Intercontinental Championship and the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and bring them home. Winner: Kota Ibushi in 26:24
Very good show, stay tuned to njpwworld and altprowrestling to keep up with what happens in Kobe.