On April 5th, 2019, Stardom makes its debut in America with Stardom American Dream in the big apple.
Stardom is an all women’s wrestling promotion from Japan and this is the first time they are hosting a show in America.
The show opens with people trying to fix the ring because the bottom rope broke in the show before.
Our commentary team; Jim Valley and Fumi Saito explain to us what is happening to the ring and they talk about the history of Stardom, women’s wrestling in Japan and other stuff. These two host a podcast on the Wrestling Observer, so they can talk about stuff all day.
As the ropes get tightened, the American ring announcer makes his way to the ring with the Japanese ring announcer to start the show. All the women are brought to the ring and Momo Watanabe has a prepared speech and she’s very likeable.
Violette & Sonya Strong(Strong Nation) vs (Jungle Assault Nation) Jungle Kyona & Natsuko Tora
- This was a fun opening match. The people got behind the baby faces, J.A.N. the commentary made this as I didn’t know any of these women. Winners: J.A.N. Jungle Kyona and Natsuko Tora in 9:31 minutes.
Britt Baker & Brittany Blake vs Hana Kimura & Bobbi Tyler vs Bea Pristley & Konami
- It is pointed out by commentary that this is not an elimination match. In this match there is three wrestlers in the ring at once and three in the apron. It is pointed out that two of these women have recently signed with AEW but more should get big contracts everywhere. Very fun match and they are all pouring with potential and talent. The finish came from a missile dropkick from Hana to Britney Blake. Winners: Hana Kimura and Bobbi Tyler in 8:03 minutes.
High speed Championship Match – Hazuki vs Dush
- Funi tells us that the Championship belt was designed by WWE Superstar, Asuka. This amt h was not very long at all but was fun while it lasted. Hazuki win this but has a bloody nose at the end. Winner: Hazuki in 5:45 minutes.
WOnder Of Stardom(White Belt) Championship Match – Hayashishita Utami vs Momo Watanabe
- Momo Watanabe is defending her championship for the thirteenth time against her stablemate from Queen’s Quest. Despite being in the same faction, these two are taking it to each other. Momo is a nineteen year old that has five years experience in Stardom already, while Utami is known as a rookie in Stardom. The “rookie” Utami holds four Championships at the moment and is going for her fifth in this match. Momo hits some great looking dropkicks and a few meteoras but Unami kicks out. Then, thirteen minutes in to this match and the feed cuts out. The match comes back and Momo Watanabe has won. I have no time for that but its between 13 minutes and 15 minutes. Winner: Momo Watanabe.
Moments after the feed comes back, it is gone again. This is on the replay on Fite TV.
A few minutes later we return.
Elimination Match – OEDO TAI(Kagetsu, Andras Miyagi, Jamie Hayter & Session Moth Martina) vs STARS(Arisa Hoshiki, Tam Nakano, Mayu Iwatani & Saki Kashima
- This breaks down as soon as the ring bell sounds and before long OEDO TAI has control and is beating down Mayu Iwatani. Mayu fights back and tags out to Saki Kashima. Eliminations can take place by pinfall, submission and being thrown over the top rope. In the words of Jim Valley, this match is total chaos. At 5:40 OEDO TAI’s Andras Miyagi pins Saki to eliminate her. The three surviving members of STARS all suplex the team of OEDO TAI in a fun spot. Unfortunately at 8:46 Session Moth Martina was eliminated by Arisa. Kagetsu hits a 450 knees on Tam but the pin is broken up. At 11:00 Kagetsu pins Tam with a Death Valley Driver. At 13:08 Mayu Iwatani eliminates Adras Miyagi over the top rope with a head scissors. At 16:00 minutes Kagetsu and Arisa eliminate each other by both going over the top rope and to the floor. Mayu pins Jamie Hayter with a beautiful looking moonsault. Winners: STARS Mayu Iwatani, Arisa Hoshiki, Tam Nakano, Saki Kashima in 16:59.
After the match, STARS play to the crowd saying “We Are New York” instead of “We Are Stardom” like normal. Then all factions come to the ring and as one the all shout “We Are Stardom.”
Thanks for reading this and don’t forget you can subscribe for free via email, tweet to me @ProWresMatthew or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow @altprowres on Twitter. Comments, likes and shares are always welcomed.