This is the G1 Climax 28 B Block Finals and the main event of this show is Kenny Omega vs Kota Ibushi. Also on this show is Zack Sabre Jr vs Tetsuya Naito.
Shota Umino & Toa Henare Michael Elgin & David Finlay
- This is the unofficial C Block tag match which was originally supposed to be a singles match between Finlay and Henare. This was a good and fun opener with lots of good action. In the end Michael Elgin held Henare out of the ring while Finlay pinned Shota with a Stunner. Winners Michael Elgin and David Finlay.
Bad Luck Fale & Tanga Loa vs Hangman Page & Chase Owens
- While Fale and Tanga Loa made their entrance they were jumped by Hangman and Chase. Chase got some good offence in against Tanga Loa and Hangman took it to both Fale and Tanga Loa but in the end Tanga Loa pins Chase with his sit down Piledriver for the win. Winners Bad Luck Fale and Tanga Loa.
Switchblade Jay White, SHO & YOH vs Marty Scurll and The Young Bucks
- The Young Bucks run wild on everyone and Jay White actually works with his team for most of the match until YOH accidentally hit Jay and when Marty Scurll has YOH in the Crossface Chicken Wing, Switchblade could of helped but decided to just leave as YOH tapped out to Marty Scurll. Winners Marty Scurll and The Young Bucks.
Minoru Suzuki & El Desperado vs EVIL & BUSHI
- This starts fast with the heavyweights, Suzuki and EVIL brawl at ringside while BUSHI and El Desperado start in the ring. El Desperado makes a tag to Suzuki after a few minutes and Suzuki beats on BUSHI For a while until he makes a tag to EVIL. Good match, I always enjoy a Minoru Suzuki match but in the end EVIL hits Everything is EVIL for the win on El Desperado for the win. Suzuki goes crazy at ringside with chairs and beats up more Young Lions. Winners EVIL and BUSHI.
Gedo, YOSHI-HASHI & Kazuchika Okada vs Tomoaki Honma, Togi Makabe & Hiroshi Tanahashi
- This is the first match back on njpwworld for Honma and they decide he’s taking the heat as they tease the spot that took him out and broke his neck, the draping DDT but Honma was saved. Okada, YOSHI-HASHI and Gedo target the head and neck of Honma which makes me uncomfortable to watch. Eventually Honma makes a tag to Makabe. In the end Honma hits his signature falling headbutt to Gedo and Makabe lands a King Kong Knee Drop for the win. Honma is so emotional at the end he cries his eyes out as he climbs the ropes and everyone cheers and chants “Honma”.
G1 Climax tournament Matches
Tama Tonga vs Toru Yano
- Tanga Loa is ejected before the match starts and Toru Yano starts with a roll up for a two. Toru Yano goes for the corner pads but is stopped by Tama. Tama chokes Yano on the outside of the ring and back in the ring Tama will not stop choking and shoving the ref down. The Tongans come out but are stopped by all the refs and even NJPW officals including Harold Maij. The ref grabbed Tama by the hair and pulled him off Yano, Tama then hit a Gun Stun on the ref for a DQ. Winner by disqualification Toru Yano.
Hirooki Goto vs Juice Robinson
- Juice starts by taking his hand wrap off then this starts with a collar and elbow tie up as they feel each other out. Juice looks really good in this match as he takes it to Goto. They both hit each other with clotheslines over and over. Goto hits a reverse GTR but a moment later, at the 10 minute mark Juice hits the left hand then a Pulp Friction for the win. Winner Juice Robinson.
Sanada vs Tomohiro Ishii
- This starts with Some arm wrenching by both but ends very even with Sanada flipping out of a hip toss. They quickly move onto chops, which Ishii welcomes Sanada to bring it. Sanada gets the upper hand and a sleeper on Ishii. After a few minutes Ishii fights back and hits a superplex. About 8 minutes in Ishii get the Skull End on Sanada but he rolls out. They beat on each other as the 10 minute mark is called out. Sanada kicks out of a powerbomb and fights back to get the Skull End on Ishii with the hooks. Sanada goes for a moonsalt but Ishii moves and attacks the knee of Sanada. Everything Ishii tries Sanada seems to have an answer. This turns into a war with these two knocking the hell out of each other with Sanada reversing the brainbuster into Skull End and Ishii reversing Skull End into a brainbuster. In the end Ishii hit a brainbuster on Sanada for the win. Winner Tomohiro Ishii.
Zack Sabre Jr vs Tetsuya Naito
- Naito tries to antagonize Zack with his Tranquillo attitude but when Naito goes for his Tranquillo pose, Zack shows he’s not to be messed with as he grabs an armbar. Zack spends a long time tying Naito up in all kinds of submissions. Naito starts to get angry as Zack steps on his head repeated. This is a technical masterpiece by Zack Sabre Jr while Naito is fighting for his chance to win the match and possibly the block. Zack has Naito tied up and he gets to the ropes as the crowd chants Natio at the 10 minute mark. About 20 minutes in Tetsuya Naito hits a Destino but when he goes for another, Zack turns it into a Zack Driver and pins Naito to win. Winner Zack Sabre Jr.
Kenny Omega vs Kota Ibushi
- They begin with Some chain wrestling but when Ibushi gets the dropkick, Omega comes back in and chops Kota. They end up outside but Kota misses a dive and Kenny sells it as if he was smart enough to move out of the way. Back in the ring, Ibushi goes for his second rope Moonsalt but Omega gets the knees up, moments later Omega goes for a “You Can’t Escape” but Ibushi gets the knees up. They fight on the apron and Omega hits Kota with a Tombstone on the apron. Kenny Omega hits a Rise Of The Terminator on Kota into the barrier, as they get back in the ring, Kenny climbs the ropes and Ibushi lands a backflip kick leading to a rana off the top and a two count. Kota gits a golden triangle Moonsalt from the top rope as Kota jumps up effortlessly. This is intense as Kota hits a Kamigoye for a nearfall and Kota cannot believe Kenny kicked out, Kota pulls down his knee pad as he teases a Kamigoye without the protection. They hold each other’s wrists as they strike each other. They hit almost everything, Kenny hits V-Trigger after V-Trigger but Ibushi refuses the One Winged Angle but Kenny drops Kota on his head from a reverse ran that Kenny stopped and set down. Kenny tries a One Winged Angle from the top rope but Kota hits a double stomp to Kenny’s head. Kota eventually hits a Kamigoye to win this match and B Block and goes on to face Tanahashi tomorrow in the G1 Climax tournament final. Winner Kota Ibushi.
- Kota Ibushi – 12 Points
- Kenny Omega, Tetsuya Naito & Zack Sabre Jr – 12 Points
- Tomohiro Ishii – 10 Points
- Sanada – 8 Points
- Juice Robinson, Hirooki Goto, Tama Tonga & Toru Yano – 6 Points