There is a lot happening in the wrestling world at the moment from WWE, NXT, ROH and New Japan Pro Wrestling, I will go over some big news pieces here.
- Money In The Bank is this coming Sunday and it has been confirmed by Bryan Alverez of the Wrestling Observer Website that James Ellsworth has been signed to come back to the company, probably to appear at this Sunday’s show. Last year’s Money In The Bank show saw the first ever Women’s MITB Ladder Match which Carmella officially won after Ellsworth climbed the ladder, took down the briefcase and handed it to Carmella. Rumours are Ellsworth interfering in either the MITB Ladder Match again or Carmella’s Championship defence against Asuka.
- Earlier today WWE uploaded a Kenny Omega match to the WWE Network Hidden Gems section. In this video Kenny cuts a pre match promo against his opponent, Cru Jones and took place in Deep South Wrestling (a WWE developmental territory) on September 3rd, 2006 and ends with Kenny winning with the Sliced Bread Number 2. This was Omega’s last year in the company.
- NXT Takeover is this Saturday and Mauro Ranallo Tweeted that he would not be calling the show due to previous commitments to Showtime Boxing. The announce team will be Vic Joseph, Nigel McGuinness and Percy Watson.
- Also according to the Wrestling Observer, Brock Lesnar is not scheduled to be at this month’s WWE PPV, Money In The Bank, Next month’s PPV, Extreme Rule but the plan is to have Brock Face Roman and that will probably take place at WWE Summerslam.
Ring Of Honor Bits
- Ring Of Honor starts their most recent tour today(Friday, June 15th) and has two shows available on FiteTV and Honor Club. The first show is on Friday, June 15th in San Antonio, TX and the start time is 7:30pm local time. The second show is one day later in Dallas, Texas at a slightly earlier start time of 7:00pm Local time. To view my preview and full card rundown, Click Here. I will have a similar rundown of the second show here soon.
- Ring Of Honor will be in Baltimore for the Best In The World PPV. This is coming up at the end of the month on June 29th, take a look at my early Preview by Clicking Here.
- New Japan has four shows emanating from Korakuen Hall and Yamagata Big Wing, three of them will be at Korakuen Hall and one will live from the Yamagata Big Wing hall. The three shows from Korakuen Hall will take place on June 17th, 18th & 19th while the Yamagata Big Wing show will take place on June 23rd. All of these shows will be aired live on njpwworld.
- NJPW have some exciting returns this tour in the form of Jeff Cobb who will be featured in three multiman matches (missing the first Korakuen Hall show). Another exciting return to the ring for New Japan is Tomoaki Honma who was paralysed last year while taking a draping DDT. The match was stopped, the ropes removed and Honma went to the hospital where most thought he would struggle to walk again let alone wrestle. Tomoaki Honma also recently got married to a Women he met whilst in hospital. He will be in the main event tag match on the final show of this tour in Yamagata at the Big Wing hall. To view my rundown of the first two shows(17th & 18th) Click Here. To view my rundown of the second two shows(19th & 23rd) Click Here.
- EVOLVE 106 & 107 is round the corner and there has been some major changes to the cards, venue(of 106) and time changes.
- Joey Janela Tweeted a video declaring that Janela and Penelope Ford will be at both shows and he will challenge Austin Theory for the WWN Title.
- The previously announced match for the NXT North American Championship between Adam Cole and WALTER will only be for the live crowd and will not be broadcast on either FiteTV or WWNlive. For more details, the Janela video and line-ups, Click Here.
Thanks for reading this and don’t forget to follow via Email below and you can follow me on Twitter @ProWresMatthew or E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org